About Adagio Health:
Adagio Health serves 110,000 people in 23 counties in Western Pennsylvania, many of whom are uninsured or underinsured. We serve women and their families in predominantly rural communities where access to healthcare services is scarce, and for a majority of the women we serve, we are the ONLY healthcare provider they see. Our services include family planning and reproductive healthcare, breast and cervical cancer screening, access to nutritional food, healthcare referrals, breastfeeding support to new moms, prenatal care, and education on healthy relationships and substance abuse. The services Adagio Health provides are life-changing for the individuals served – supporting not only the individual, but also their families and communities. Studies show a woman with access to quality healthcare and affordable contraception is able, on her own timeline, to complete her education, get and keep a good job, financially support herself and her family, and invest in her children’s future.
About the Women Veterans Health Program:
Currently, there are limited options for veterans living in Western Pennsylvania to access health care through the VA, especially in rural areas: there are no VA health clinics in six of the counties in which Adagio Health has medical offices, and 20 counties do not have VA hospitals. With 20,000 women veterans living in Western Pennsylvania, Adagio Health is seeking to develop a program that will expand our medical services to provide access to care for women veterans where quality healthcare is scarce, and to meet the unique needs of women veterans. Services will include family planning and reproductive healthcare, breast and cervical cancer screening, access to nutritional food, healthcare referrals, education and breastfeeding support, prenatal care, education on topics such as healthy relationships and substance abuse, and mental and behavioral health care.
About the Women Veterans Health Project Manager Position:
Adagio Health is seeking to hire a Project Manager to help develop the Women Veterans Health Program. This is a one-year grant-funded position for a veteran with personal or professional experience in women’s health. We believe that hiring a veteran with women’s health experience for this role will add a critical perspective essential to creating a successful program that truly understands the needs, preferences, and experiences of the women veterans we seek to serve.
Qualities needed for success:
- Researching/benchmarking healthcare programs that serve women veterans in other locations
- Developing relationships with people and organizations that serve veterans to explore partnership opportunities
- Planning, coordinating, and facilitating focus groups with women veterans to determine healthcare needs
- Determining and coordinating staff training needs to ensure veteran and military cultural awareness
- Working with operations to develop and execute on an implementation plan for an integrated primary/behavioral health model of care for women veterans in Adagio Health’s 23-county region
Highly Preferred Characteristics:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Interest in healthcare, specifically women's healthcare
- Skilled in facilitation
- Ability to establish and foster professional relationships
- Have access to a car and be willing to travel to Adagio Health locations across Western PA
- Candidates must be willing to submit to pre-employment screening such as Criminal background check, drug screen, and driver’s license check required
- Experience working with the healthcare needs of Women Veterans
- Understanding of the importance of cultural competency in addressing targeted women veteran populations
- Veteran status